Youth and Young Adults
The Maryland Benefits Counseling Network understands the unique challenges and questions that transitioning aged youth may experience related to public benefits. There are often questions related to being a student, health insurance, and living with parents. Below is information about the most common situations that arise; however, we recommend that you speak with a certified benefits counselor to discuss your unique situation. See Find Expert Help to find out how to get connected.
- Are you a student receiving SSI who wants to work?
- Are you receiving SSI as a child’s benefit?
- Are you receiving SSI as a child’s benefit and participating in an employment program?
- Wondering how you can save money for college?
- What benefit concerns should I have when transitioning to adult benefits?