January 26th & January 28th 2021 – Making Employment Work – Webinar
January 26 @ 12:30 pm - January 28 @ 3:30 pm
**This Training is Now FULL. Please check back for our next training opportunity!**
DESIGNED FOR SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT STAFF, ACT TEAMS, & CONSUMERS & FAMILY MEMBERS.
Learn the facts that lead to informed choices about work and economic self sufficiency for individuals who receive Social Security disability benefits and associated health insurance! After completion of this webinar you should understand:
- The difference between Social Security disability benefit programs and eligibility criteria
- The difference between Medicare and Medicaid
- How work incentives can be used to temporarily safeguard benefits and assist individuals with the transition to work and self-sufficiency
- What work incentive protections exist to maintain state and federal health insurance during employment
- The importance of benefits education and benefits counseling services to employment success rates
This training event will be held via WEBINAR.
The training event will be held in a two-part series:
Part I – January 26th, 2021 – 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Part II – January 28th, 2021 – 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Full participation in BOTH Part I and Part II and completion of a post-training assessment with a passing score are mandatory to obtain CEUs and/or a Certificate of Proficiency (COP)!
As an accredited academic institution, the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine’s Training Center is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for 5.5 Continuing Education credits (Category 1) for licensed social workers in Maryland; as a sponsor of 5.5 Continuing Education (CE) credits acceptable to the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists; and 5.5 Continuing Education Units (Category A) by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists upon completion of this training and a completed evaluation. The Training Center maintains responsibility for this program. A Certificate of Attendance will be made available for all other disciplines.
This course has been approved by the Maryland Addiction and Behavioral Health Professionals Certification Board (MABPCB) for 5.5 total CEU hours. This constitutes 1 hour in Advocacy and 4.5 hours in Mentoring and Education.