BCN-inner-hdr1a

Text Size: A A A

Pay Your Medicare Premiums Online!


Most individuals who receive a cash benefit from Social Security and have Medicare are able to have Medicare premiums automatically deducted from their monthly benefit. However, for those who no longer receive a cash benefit, making Medicare premium payments just got easier! Individuals can now use their bank’s online bill…  
Read More >


Job Vacancy Announcement – Benefits Case Manager


Job Vacancy Announcement – Benefits Case Manager The Maryland Benefits Counseling Network is excited to announce that recruitment for a full-time contractual Benefits Case Manager position has begun! Please see the detailed position announcement below. Interested candidates can request a full job description and additional information via email to lauren.horner@maryland.gov. The MD-BCN…  
Read More >


Social Security Administration 2017 Red Book


The Social Security Administration’s Red Book is now available for 2017!The Red Book (SSA Publication No. 64-030) serves as a general guide to Social Security work incentives and employment supports of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit programs. It is updated annually to reflect important changes in things like earnings…  
Read More >


Maryland’s 2017 1619(b) Threshold decreases from 2016.


This is the second year in a row the 1619(b) threshold has fallen for Maryland residents. The 2017 1619(b) threshold is $40,005 per year. See the following Social Security Policy link for more information. https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0502302200  


CMS Announces 2017 Medicare Part A & Part B Changes


Although premiums and deductibles for Medicare Part A & B won’t be changing for approximately 70% of beneficiaries there will be some changes for the remaining 30%. Please see the press release on the CMS website for more information.   https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Press-releases/2016-Press-releases-items/2016-11-10-2.html


Social Security Announces 2017 COLA Changes


Social Security has announcement the Cost of Living Adjustment changes for 2017. There will be a 0.3% increase in benefits, an increase in the TWP & SGA levels and an increase in the SSI Federal Benefit Rate. See the following fact sheet for more details. https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/factsheets/colafacts2017.pdf


Welcome to Our New Website!


Welcome to the Maryland Benefits Counseling Network’s new website. This website has been designed help beneficiaries, professionals, family members and benefits counselors’ access up to date information, tools and resources needed to support Social Security Disability Beneficiaries in achieving greater independence through work. This website provides resources and information regarding…  
Read More >


Page 7 of 7
1 5 6 7